Welcome: Home Page of Forensic Document Examiners, Inc.
Forensic Document Examiners, Inc. consists of a staff dedicated
to providing professional services in a timely manner in the field of questioned documents.
Katherine Mainolfi Koppenhaver
- Board Certified Document Examiner by BFDE
- Founder of the Scientific Association of Forensic Examiners
- Published author.
- Attorney's Guide to Document Examination.
- Forensic Document Examination, Principles and Practice, a college textbook.
- Celebrating 30 years experience in document examination.
- Handled over 2900 cases.
- Testified in court and deposition over 450 times.
Forensic Document Examiners, Inc. routinely works with attorneys,
district attorneys, public defenders, police departments, investigators, banks,
insurance companies, and other private entities, providing a wide range of document
Our full-time qualified staff can provide services related to:
- Forgery detection,
- Altered documents,
- Counterfeit documents,
- Line sequence and indented writing.
- Identification of inserted and substituted material.
- "Reading" under whiteout or other obliterated material.
In addition we provide the following services:
- Research Services - Consulting Services - Expert Testimony - Exhibit
Preparation - Micro-Photography
- Our staff has the ability to handle large cases in a timely manner.
- consults on many cases for her peers on a regular basis,
- has been appointed to assist judges in making decisions in cases involving
- has served as a single joint expert on cases,
- has helped to train numerous other document examiners,
- and she participates in proficiency testing demonstrating her ability to analyze handwriting
with a high degree of accuracy.
- Please do not designate Katherine Koppenhaver as your expert until she has agreed to accept your case and
you have sent her a retainer fee.
No one has permission to name her as an expert without contacting her first.
Office Hours are 9 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday
Read an excerpt from Attorney's Guide on Collecting Exemplars
Get instructions on How to Take Request Writing.
For tips on finding a qualified document examiner click on
Selecting A Document Examiner
Try your hand at solving a questioned document case.
Forensic Document Examiners, Inc.
Certified Document Examiner
P.O. Box 324, Joppa, MD. 21085
Maryland (410) 679-8257
Virginia (703) 671-7347
Fax (410) 538-8548
We accept all major credit cards.
FDE: Full Service, Dependable, and Experienced
Last update April 1, 2013