Articles and Publications
Katherine M. Koppenhaver has written over 50 articles on subjects related to the field of questioned documents. Contact Ms. Koppenhaver for copies of any of these articles.
Some Articles Published in The NADE Journal
- Distinguishing Between Disguise and Simulation 2003
- The Road to Graphic Maturity, Summer 2001.
- Enough Exemplars, Fall 2000.
- Why Document Examiners Disagree, Winter 1998.
- Principles of Identification, Winter 1996.
- The TellTale Dots, Winter 1994.
- The Jack the Ripper Diary, Spring 1994.
- Fundamental Truths About Handwriting , April 1993.
- Interpreting the Writing Movement for Identification Purposes May, 1991.
- Reducing Losses from Forged and Fraudulent Checks, August, 1991
Some Additional Articles Published
- The Document Examiner, The Vanguard, July-September, 2000.
- How To Help Consumers and Businesses Deter Document Forgery, White Collar Crime Fighter, July 2000.
- The Care and Preservation of Documents, The MISA Messenger, Vol. 5, No. 8, August, 1997
- Executive Order Provides Reforms To Improve Efficiency in Federal Court. The Daily Record, Baltimore, Maryland February 11, 1992.
Ms. Koppenhaver was Editor of the Communique, the official newsletter of the National Association of Document Examiners (NADE) from 1990 to 2009. She has published over 100 issues.
Ms. Koppenhaver is currently the editor of the Journal for the International Association of Document Examiners (IADE), published yearly.